Loan & Credit Management Center
- What You Need to Know About Personal Loans
A personal loan could be a better alternative to using credit cards or taking out a HELOC to pay for a variety of life’s expenses, if you know what their terms mean and when you should look at other options.
- The 5 Cs of Credit that Lenders Look at When You Apply for a Loan
Knowing these five Cs will make you a more informed and confident borrower.
- Employers Can Check Your Credit Report as Part of Job Interviews
What does your credit report tell prospective employers about you?
- What to Do After Your Credit Score Takes a Hit
There are many reasons your credit score may drop—and not all of them are bad!—but knowing how to repair your score is essential for financial wellness.
- Credit Cards & Teens
Credit cards are another responsibility of adulthood. By involving teens in accountable credit card use, they benefit from an early credit history and parental guidance.
- Your Credit Score Dropped After You Paid off a Loan. What Happened?
Credit scoring isn’t as intuitive as you might think.
- Should You Lend Money to Family and Friends?
What should we do when our friends or members of our family fall on hard times and look to us for help?
- The Truth About Student Loans
Nothing is free, and nothing worth having is easily gotten. It’s a tough lesson to learn for new college graduates — especially those with big student loan debt.
- You Should Know This before Taking out Student Loans
Weigh the price of education carefully.
- Your First Credit Card
Avoid scams and start using credit as a tool.
- What is a Reverse Mortgage?
A boon for retirees, or a ripoff?
- Understanding Bankruptcy
Relieve yourself of your debts.
- Are Payday Loans a Scam?
If you need some quick cash, think twice before you apply for a payday loan.
- The Snowball and Avalanche Strategies of Paying Off Debt
Which will you choose to cool off your debt situation?
- Is Your Debt Ripe for Consolidation?
Before you agree to new arrangements, make sure they’re a good fit.
- In Debt? Know Your Rights and How to Deal With Collection Agencies
There are strong laws to help you win your battle with debt collectors.
- What to Do When Loved Ones Ask for Money
If you’re asked to make a large financial commitment or approached for monetary assistance, take a breath and refuse.consider the impact on your own financial well -being.
- Free Tools to Check and Protect Your Credit
The Federal Trade Commission has your back when it comes to your credit.
- Are You a Card-Carrying Consumer?
Using credit can help you get what you want as long as you keep it under control.
- Paying Monthly Bills with a Rewards Credit Card
Paying monthly bills with a rewards credit card is a growing trend in household finance, but is it a good idea?
- The Hidden Danger of Minimum Monthly Payments
A low minimum payment might sound great on the surface, but can haunt you in the long run.